I don't know about you guys, but thinking, preparing and actually eating the lunch I take to work is a struggle! If there are left-overs the thinking isn't so hard, the preparing is pretty easy the night before, but the eating part may be an issue. A co-worker and I decided it would be a good idea to bring a lunch for the other one, then we'd have a better chance of wanting to eat it.
So, the purpose of this post is not to talk about not eating our lunches, it's about finding something that doesn't take a lot of thought, is easy to prepare and I actually look forward to eating.
I guess it would go by the name "Tuna Salad", but it's a little different than the normal tuna salad I grew up on with a cup of miracle whip in it! The recipe is below. I got it from MM@L on YouTube. They make a big batch at the beginning of the week and eat it for lunch, dinner or snacks. If you're going to make a big batch then you'd double or even triple the recipe below.
Tuna Salad:
1 can of tuna (drained)
Chopped cucumber
Sliced pickle
Red onion
Mustard
Salt
Pepper
Now, if you're not a fan of mustard, this recipe isn't for you. Or, you could use miracle whip or mayo instead, but you're adding quite a bit of calories. This recipe can really be whatever you want it to be. If I have red onion, I'll throw it in, if not, no biggie. Sometimes I don't have a cucumber so it's just tuna and pickle. I either eat this with saltine crackers or I'll put it on a piece of whole wheat bread. Yesterday I ate it on a crescant, mmmmm.
I think both tuna and mustard can be an acquired taste, but I love both and I hope you do too!!
P.S. Yesterday I chopped up a boiled egg and mixed that in, very tasty!!
No comments:
Post a Comment