Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Current Make-Up Favs - FACE

Foundation: I covered this in a similar post, but I'm loving the Loreal lumi. I also purchased Revlon Photoready and I like it too. And as the name states, it's great for photos. I apply both with a foundation brush.



Undereye/Concealer Products: I start with the Maybelline age rewind in the color "neutralizer" for the undereye color and I top it with a lighter concealer as a brightener (hard candy or makeup forever). If I want a flawless look I'll use the Maybelline age rewind again, but in color "brightener". I swipe it from my undereye up the sides of my cheeks as a highlighter. I recently purchased the Kat Von D concealer and am IN LOVE! I use it on the blotchiness I have on my forehead and cheek. It covers great and is the perfect match for my shade. I use a brush for the concealer, but blend the neutralizer with my fingers.


Powder: I use the Rimmel Stay Matte pressed powder. I keep one in my purse too because it's great for shine throughout the day. Right now I'm using my Clinique press powder in the morning, but I'm not in love and probably won't repurchase when I run out. I use a large complexion brush from ELF for my powder and a retractable one in my purse.



Contour: This is the powder I use for contouring. I'm not sure of the shade. I just chose a dark color from the neutral area. It's a great brown shade and doesn't put off any orange. It's matte with no shimmer. I use an angled brush from ELF to apply. If you're unsure of contouring, check out the following videos:
 Maskcara
Annie Jaffrey


Blush: I mentioned one of my current fav blushes in a previous post, but here are a few others.

E.L.F. Pink Passion


V.S. radiant blush in baby doll (I think that's the name)

Highlight

I use this shimmer brick on the high points of my cheek bones, above my eye brows and on my cupid's bow. I don't do it everyday because it's just another step, but I really like the glow it gives. I think mine is in the color Vegas Strip.

No comments: