Sunday, October 9, 2011

Sunday Rain Day




Help! We're being held hostage in our home. By the ugly, nasty, never-ending, RAIN!! I've cooked, cleaned, finished knitting a scarf, scrapbooked, arts and crafts, movies, baking...I even through in a facial. I'm SO ready to go back to work:)

This afternoon consisted of painting pumpkins and making hay stacks. Attaching a couple pics below, and the recipe, in case you've never made these delicious treats. I also snapped a pic of my latest attempt to get crap off my counters. It's just a metal bar that Cody attached to the wall, then I bought magnetic clips and stuck all the bills, school papers, calendar, etc...



Haystacks


1 1/2 cups - light corn syrup


1 1/2 cups - white sugar


3 cups - peanut butter


7 - 8 cups - rice krispies

Combine syrup and sugar in large pan. Bring mixture to a boil. Once boiling, remove from heat, add peanut butter. Once smooth, add rice krispies. Fold peanut butter mixture into rice krispies. Scoop individual balls onto wax paper and let set. I use a cookie scoop

No comments: