I'm a little boggled about what happened last night - actually it was this morning.
Around 4:00 am our fire alarms went off. The alarms are electric and apparently when one is triggered they are all triggered. Side note - in an event of a fire Trevor, Tyson and I will wake up, flee the home and survive a terrible death. Cody will sleep through the entire thing. Wow.
Anyway, I get up and run into the living room and see nothing. No smoke, not fire, nothing. Except, Trevor was hitting his alarm saying, "how do I turn this off, it won't go off!" He just got the alarm the day before from his grandma. He had requested it.
After explaining to Trevor that it wasn't his alarm it was the fire alarms I began to hear a distance siren. I go to the window and I can hear the sirens going off in Amherst and I can see the faint resemblence of smoke in the air. But, I also have a nose like a bloodhound and I smell nothing. The alarms finally stop and I go back to bed. Not even five minutes later they're going off again. This time the "log" wakes up in a panic. He's tall enough to turn the alarms off, thank goodness. I fill him in on the last ten minutes and after doing a sweep of the house we go back to bed. Weird...just boggles my mind.
Incident number two: last night a perfectly delicious lemon cookie was left on the counter for me to enjoy at my choosing and this morning it had disappeared. After asking both children and gauging their responses I decided to dig a little deeper with Tyson because he had on his "guilty face". He finally cracked and admitted to eating the cookie during one of his late night benders. The confession was followed with a series of, "I'm sorry mommy, I'm sorry, I'm sorry mommy!" Tyson is a late night roamer and a late night snacker! I can only imagine the pounds of sugar that were caked on his teeth all night from that cookie. It wasn't a regular cookie, but a double lemon, frosted cookie from Eileen's. Sugar attack!
No comments:
Post a Comment