Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Breathe it All In

This morning was a "just breathe" moment. Most mornings I'm in a rush - getting myself out of bed and ready (spending about 30 minutes hitting snooze), nuking something that resembles a homeade breakfast and herding the boys (a lot like herding cats) to the car.

So, this morning I wanted to step back and just breathe. I wanted to take in the moments and enjoy the morning with Trevor before he left for his first day of 2nd grade. Trevor had laid out his clothes the night before and went to bed an hour early, but I was still weary about how much of a struggle it would be to awaken him. Luckily, after a few seconds of pretending like he was asleep he jumped right out of bed and asked for a waffle. Ty was a little harder to get around, but he's a night roamer, so know knows what time he crashed!!

The boys and I spent time talking about the morning, having seconds of juice and even chatted with grandpa before he took Trev to school. This morning was a great milestone and with both of my boys becoming more independent and mature I'm realizing I'm able to step back, breathe and enjoy the moments!

No comments: