Monday, March 25, 2013

Weekend Round Up!

Ground turkey and quinoa chili. I combined a few recipes and came up with this:
1 package - ground turkey
1 cup - prepared quinoa
1 can - light kidney beans
1 can - great northern beans
1 can - fiesta corn
I used half a jug of tomato juice.
1 can - rotel
chili powder
cumin
red pepper flakes
ground cheyenne
black pepper
(I did all of the seasonings to taste. I like my chili a little spicy and since the ground turkey doesn't have much flavor I added a little more than the recipe called for)

The boys sniffed out the quinoa in .1 seconds and refused to eat it.


Oatmeal Butterscotch Cookies. Recipe is in my Dessert board on Pinterest. Very good! Again, Trevor finished off the bag of butterscotch chips, but refused to eat these. Head shake....


A paragraph from "Gone Girl" that I thought appropriately described realistic relationships. 


My Sunday night. I really need to watch it again without interruptions, but it was good.


And, the best part of my weekend, Saturday afternoon spent with Steele. I spent some of the afternoon smelling his head and making him smile:)

No comments: