Monday, January 30, 2012

The Season Begins!

It's officially pee-wee wrestling season 2012! On Friday we traveled 2 1/2 hours to Ainsworth for a dual. What I didn't understand was that meant one match. Yes, 2 1/2 hours for 3 minutes of wrestling. Thank goodness we went with friends and were able to have a good time on the drive. Trevor wrestled great! He really loves it and looks forward to practice every week. Tyson unfortunately wasn't able to wrestle at this tournament. Ainsworth didn't have any wrestlers his size. He'll probably only wrestle at one tournament this year and it'll be the Amherst tournament. He really wanted to wrestle though:(

Last week we also had a blood drive for Leadership Kearney. I was on the committee and a proud blood donor. I gave for the first time last year at the same blood drive and have been giving ever since. I love the feeling when I'm done. The small amount of pain is worth the gratitude. A few weren't so lucky and didn't have a great experience. It just goes to show that they have rules for a reason, eating and drinking fluids before and after are so important! I neglected the no alcohol rule after my first experience and I woke up like a stuffed sausage! Lots of water for me this time:)

A few exciting developments! We're still planning our big trip to Vegas in May for Cody's b-day. His family is planning to come along. Then, two weeks after that trip to Vegas, I turn around and go back, two weeks later for a work conference. My cousin, Stacy, is getting married in October, but is planning to have her bachelorette party in San Diego in July or August. My sister-in-law just recently got engaged and will be getting married in August. Whew! It's going to be a busy summer and I'm really excited! I guess I just need to get through the month of February! It's always such a dreary month.

I can't believe I'll have an 8 year old in a few months. Yikes. Ok, enough updates for now:)

No comments: