Monday, February 23, 2009

Kids Say the Darndest Things!

So, as a family, we spend a lot of time arguing about what to watch. Yes, we have 3 t.v.'s, which would mean that each person in our family would have a tv to themselves and Tyson would be neglected:) So, on Sunday Trevor wanted to watch this Scooby Doo movie we borrowed from the Cope's (we're gonna get that back to you soon). He had watched it a total of 3 times and it was 10 a.m. I politely told Trevor that I didn't want to watch that movie again, I'd watch cartoons but that not freaking movie again! He didn't like that answer and insisted on watching it.

I became a 3 year old and said, "well, Tyson is on my team and we don't want to watch it." Trevor asked Tyson if he wanted to watch it and Tyson shook his head no. Keep in mind, this is all Tyson does. "Tyson you want chicken nuggets?" Head shake. "Tyson you want some juice?" Head shake. So, Trevor knows that no, may actually mean yes. Anyway, Tyson and I are on a team and we voted no, so Trevor recruits his dad for his team. Cody, of course, feels sorry for him so he agrees to be on Trevor's team. I get an idea that I'm sure will seal the deal. I say "I call the cat, Roxy, Selma and Cubby to be on my team and they all voted that they don't want to watch Scooby Doo." He replies "uh huh, they're not on your team." I say, "yep, I called them, they're on my team." Trevor's final response is, "mom, you can't call them, they don't even have cell phones."

Wow, we can't even use the phrase "I call ___" like we used to when we were kids because our technology based children will associate it to cell phones, not even regular phones, "cell phones".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you know I'm on trevs team. Go Trev. Just laughing at the pay backs. HEHEHE